Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Today's my Birthday, and I can't believe I'm turning 28. AHHH, 2 more years until 30 (that's scary)!!!

Anyway, I'm not writing to brag about myself, but I just need to do a quick little post about my "AWESOME" dinner celebration with Cory.

Saturday Cory took me to Olive Garden for dinner. Making a long story short, I got home that night with what seemed to be really bad heartburn, that soon turned into bathroom problems, and finally at midnight I threw up everything that was left inside. I was so sad, because this was supposed to be my birthday dinner, and I'm not supposed to get sick from it. Yes, I had MAJOR food poisoning. Not fun.

While I was feeling really sick, I asked Cory to give me a blessing, and as he's blessing me, he says, "I bless you that you may expel and purge all that which is causing you harm." Seriously, expel and purge?!! I was hoping to be cured from the purging and expelling, not to be blessed with more.

Well, the celebrations got better from there. Last night we celebrated with the Garretts with a yummy dinner, and today we are getting take out (that hopefully won't make me sick). I also threw myself a kid party at the park with all our playgroup friends. I brought my childhood favorite cupcakes and a delicious bean dip from Costco. It actually was a lot of fun. (Those are the cupcakes I made!!)

Happy Birthday to Me!!! And here's to a year with hopefully no more food poisoning.

1 comment:

Lori said...

happy birthday. sounds like a fun day! today anyway....sorry about the food poisioning....yuck!