Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring Break and Easter

Spring break this year was pretty slow around here. Since Cory and I were going to San Diego with the young women at the very end of spring break, I just took it slow during the week and tried to get ready for my trip.
On Monday we went to the park, like I always do. The Weavers came with us and I brought pizza. We spent at least 3 hours there. The weather was perfect and the kids were all happily entertained with their friends. Ofa and I were able to sit and chat so it was great!
The kids and I have been watching a lot of Food Network shows lately. They have enjoyed Cupcake Wars, DC Cupcakes, and now we are into The Great Food Truck Race. So on Tuesday we went to Sprinkles cupcakes (one of the judges from Cupcake Wars owns it) and then headed to the Scottsdale train park. The cupcakes were delicious (I specially enjoyed my peanut butter chocolate chip cake) and it was another nice day out at the park. We rode the train (Kate's first time) and the kids also went on the merry-go-round.
Wednesday was a BAD day. Well, the kids were good but we chose to go to Peter Piper Pizza, and that what a bad idea. The restaurant was packed and we barely got any pizza. The children still enjoyed their time out of the house.
Thursday was spent doing laundry and packing for the big sleepover at gradma's. Clarissa and Christopher love sleep overs and were super excited. Drew, on the other hand, is a home body and was anxious he was going to have to be away from me for 2 whole nights. Kate woke up throwing up from Thursday to Friday so Cory and I didn't get to bed until 3 am after having to clean her and her crib sheets twice.
Friday and Saturday where spent in San Diego and it was great. I was a little sad I didn't get to take my kids with me on a trip during spring break, but it just wouldn't have worked out.
Easter was early this year. We celebrated the last Sunday in March. The girls had matching white and blue dresses Karen got them, so I made sure we all coordinated with some sort of blue on our outifits. It was fun to go to church and see other moms and daughters also matching.
For Easter I hid a small basket for each child in a separate room. They all enjoyed their goodies, but Katharine's reaction was priceless. We were all upstairs helping Christopher find his basket and left the baby down alone, not thinking she would get to her things. All of a sudden we hear these happy squeals. I run to see her and she had found her basket and was happily shaking it all around. It was super cute. She really liked it when we opened her eggs and there were puffs she could eat. Holidays with kids are so fun!

No comments: