Sunday, October 11, 2009

All About Christopher

Christopher has been talking a lot lately and I wanted to write down his words before the list got to be too long. Anyway, this post is mostly for my own information, since I know it’s kind of boring to read a huge list of words a 16 month old can say. In case you do read it “iP” stands for “in Portuguese.” I know I probably missed some words, so I’ll add them on as I remember. I tried to keep it to just words, not sounds (like uh-oh, yay …). He repeats a lot of words we say, but I tried to write only the words he uses consistently.


agua – water iP
all duh – all done
amen
Aplefur - Christopher
apple
baaboo (banho) – bath iP or when reading it’s Brown Bear
ball
be – asking us to sing “Jesus wants me for a sun beam”
beebee – baby
bubba - bottle
bubush – bubbles
bue or blue – if you ask him “what’s your favorite color?” he’ll always answer “blue”
byeye
car
Cheese-for both the camera and the food
chuchu – train
clock
coco – poop iP
cookie
Dew - Drew
dinner
down
ee up - clean up
eeboo – peekaboo
e-i-e-i-o – usually when he wants to watch a movie, or to specifically listen to Old Mcdonals
esse - this one iP
eww – ears
eyes
five (sometimes he’ll say 1,3 and 4 when counting, but I usually have to say those)
food
fower – flower
get dOWn
Guga – grandma Garrett
hat
hi
hot
how cooool (sun glasses are also called how cool because every time he puts it on I tell him “how cool)
how cuuute
hue – hair
I __ youuuuu – I love you (we say love)
I see you
lights
mais – more iP
Mamãe - mommy iP
mão - hand iP
mine
nanana - banana
não – no iP
nigh-nigh
okay
ouside – outside
Papa – grandpa Garrett
Papai - daddy iP
pe - foot iP
peepee – his privates
play
please
pop – ballon
ração (oração) – prayer iP
ready set go
sh** - shirt
shishi (xixi in Portuguese) – pee
shoes
shots - shorts
tan tu - thank you
teddy
tó - here iP
tss cold – puts the cold object to his cheeks and makes a “tsss” noise followed by the word cold
twee - tree
two
uck – stuck
up
Vovô – my dad
Vovó – my mom
watch
whasat – what’s that
wheggo – where did it go
WOW – usually when he sees a ceiling fan or when he finds anything amazing (like the garage door opening or closing)
you fufall – you’re going to fall (he hears this one a lot)

Refuses to say animal names, but can make the sounds. Animal sounds: meow, woof, roar, quack, baa, u-u-a-a (monkey), uuuh (elephant – accompanied by hand motion for the trunk).
On a not so related note, I took some pictures of the boys last night as they were ready for bed. They turned out kind of goofy, but since I haven’t posted pictures of them lately, here are a few.
Christopher was really happy when he saw me get the camera!!
Christopher took this picture of Drew and I think he did pretty good, even getting the baby smiling

1 comment:

The Lewis's said...

cute boys and cute couch. did you sell the futon?