Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday Help

I have a dumb dilemma that requires some girl help. I scheduled my c-section about 2 weeks ago and found out my doctor is delivering my baby on his birthday. Should I get him anything (besides paying the fat check he'll send me in the mail a few weeks later)?

I know this sounds really trivial to some of you, but birthdays are a pretty big deal for me and I feel like since I'm forcing the man to work on his birthday I might as well bring him a treat. Do you think I can sneak some cupcakes into the OR? (haha- wouldn't that be funny?!)

Anyway - please give me your suggestions on what would be an appropriate gift to your OB.

On a not so related birthday note. Happy Birthday Cory!!! He turned 25 yesterday and is now officially my age. I invited a couple of friends with their families over for pizza (great excuse to not cook) and boy, the realization that our birthday parties will consist of much chaos for the next few years hit us pretty hard. We still had a good time though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know we had a paient come in dressed up and sing like Marilyn Monroe for Dr Desanto's bday one year! just a thought.....

The Lewis's said...

were we that bad? haha.

that is funny, you could dress up like marilyn monroe 9 months pregnant and top melissa (whose last name I shall not mention for patient confidentiality)

you're so funny, i don't think i would have really worried about it. maybe a nice card? something like, "thanks for slicing me open on your birthday..."

Bjarnson Family said...

That is so sweet of you to get your OB a gift. When is your date of the birth? Also are you having another baby shower?

Sonia Barney said...

Men like practical things for gifts. And of course food but I think practical is your best bet. Going off what Rachael said last, "Thanks for slicing me open on your birthday." You could get him a kitchen knife or pruning shears. That way he could also use it later on. I wonder how he would take it. His humor is so hard to read.

White Family said...

Haha, I was just reading the comments and that's pretty disturbing but funny. You could get him a card with like $5 for cold stone or DQ or something like that, men like food right? Or you could bring him in a small cake or cup cakes with a card that says,"thanks for slicing me open on your birthday!" I'm almost positive they'd let you bring it in and just leave it at the nurses station. You're funny! I don't think I would've even thought to do anything, but I think it would be very sweet to treat him to a little thoughtful gift. Good luck!