Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Phoenix Temple

I can't believe it's been two months since my last post. Life's been busy around here and there's lots to catch up. The post I'll just focus on our newly dedicated Phoenix temple, then I'll do another post later to catch up on life.
The Phoenix temple was dedicated a little under 2 weeks ago. It's only 15 minutes from a house and we've been able to be a part of serving in the open house and youth cultural celebration. It's been an amazing experience for our family, youth and ward. I love having a temple so close to my house now. It's a dream come true and really makes it hard for me to want to move to a house that's further away from the temple.
I've been able to attend the youth practices for the cultural celebration that took place the day before the celebration. It was a special opportunity that I'll treasure. On one of our last practices, after many frustrations, long hours, and hard work, I was overwhelmed with spirit and had a hard time holding back the tears as the youth began their dance. It has been a blessing to be able to watch our young women and men work hard weekly and try their best. We've really been blessed with a spectacular group of kids, that in my opinion, were some of the best prepared dancers out there!
Last weekend Cory and I got to serve in the temple for the first time. We did sealings and then went out for dinner. We just kept commenting on how exciting it was to go to the temple and then out for dinner and be back in a little over 3 hours. Before it would take us 3 hrs just to travel to and from the temple and do sealings. It truly is a blessing to live so close to a house of the Lord now!

Don't mind the boys' goofy outfit. It was very hot the day we went to the open house. While at the temple Christopher kept saying "Mom, I don't want to leave, it's so beautiful in here." He loves the temple and talks about how he wants to go there when he grows up.

Cory and I after our first temple and dinner date. 

No comments: