Monday, August 4, 2014

Drew is 5!

My sweet Drew turned five last month. I call Drew my little angel. Now, I know that if you look at his behavior he's far from an angel, but it's the small little things he does almost daily that make him MY angel. He can get really mad and fight with Christopher often, but yet he will always stick up for his brother and try to keep him safe. At times when I'm frustrated with Christopher's disobedience and defiance, Andrew is the first to intervene and try to make both parties happy. He'll give up the captain chair in the car, share his treat, whatever it takes to get Christopher calmed down and me not mad (yelling) anymore.
Andrew's a great friend. He makes new and loyal friends rather quickly. He's still super into superheroes. This year he wanted a Skylanders party. I've been enjoying decorating the kids' birthday cakes this year, and am pleased with how it turned out.
Drew is a great cuddle bug and LOVES to be tickled. He is NEVER the first one to get out of bed, even if he's the first to wake up. He just stays in his bed and waits for a sibling to wake us up. Granted he's a great sleeper so he's usually woken up by his brother or sister. He's easy to put down for naps (on the rare days we do them) and he's by far my fastest eater. Even when he doesn't like dinner, he still scarfs it down pretty fast without much complaining.
I love you my Drewzinho and hope you have a fabulous 5th year, and that you adjust to kindergarten well. Cissa and I will miss you while you are at school!

No comments: